1. Bring home a pretty present. You can go for the classic red roses, or any simple or elaborate bouquet. Use the flowers to brighten a main room or split them up among tiny vases placed throughout your home. You could also consider a throw pillow or a stylish vase. If your budget can accommodate something a little bigger, consider replacing an appliance or splurging on a dramatic new piece of art.
2. Do a makeover. Take down every photo, book, painting, and decorative item, then rearrange them. You could end up feeling as if you have a brand-new home. Even better, mix it up with your furniture. Switch a few chairs around, or swap your living and dining areas. If you’re feeling more ambitious, reorganize your closets to get a fresh look at your clothes or other stuff and get rid of unneeded items.
3. Brighten it up. A tried-and-true way to spruce up your home is to switch out your paint colors. Paint a bathroom if you’d like to start small, or go for a whole room or even your kitchen cabinets if you’re feeling brave.
4. Protect what you love. Do an annual review of your homeowner’s insurance policy to make sure you’ve got enough coverage to replace your home and belongings. Look into the value of a home warranty plan to pay for repairs on things like your appliances and heating and air-conditioning system.
5. Take good care of it. While you’re thinking of protection, schedule an inspection of your heating and air-conditioning system and look into an annual maintenance contract. Your system will last far longer if it’s inspected and tweaked for optimum performance twice a year.
6. Go for a deep cleanse. It’s not quite a day at the spa, but chances are your home could use a deep cleaning. Hire a professional service to go over the entire place or just focus on one aspect such as the carpet or windows.
Show your home some TLC, and you just might end up falling in love with it all over again.
Author:Josh Zehnder Phone: 937-219-4870 Dated: February 12th 2015 Views: 656 About Josh: My commitment is to the Greater Dayton & Cincinnati areas. I have over 15 years of experience in the...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
About Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Professional Realty
The Zehnder Group provides exceptional, experienced and trusted real estate support to local families in the Miami Valley. We are backed by the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices brand. Whether buying a new home or selling your existing one, our quality expert staff is prepared to help you accomplish your real estate goals. Total customer satisfaction is our mission. The Zehnder Group, Experience Real Estate Excellence.
Here are four reasons to consider buying today instead of waiting.1. P
"Don helped me and my wife Carolyn successfully sell our home. Don worked diligently to sell our house. The selling process occurred during the weak time of real estate marketing. His efforts were continuous and we found him devoting extra effort and going out of his way to promote our property. He kept himself readily available to contact by responding quickly when called. We greatly appreciated his excellent service"